Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pekudei 5771: God is present and accounted for


For more information about the nature of the Hebrew calendar check here:
http://www.jewfaq.org/calendar.htm
or go to Hebcal.com where you can find out the exact dates of Jewish holidays,Torah portions and a converter to check Hebrew dates against the Gregorian calendar.

I adapted my roasted vegetable soup from numerous sources. The most important thing to do is to spice the vegetables to your taste.  I used cumin, tumeric, cayenne pepper, sea salt, pepper a little vinegar, garlic, onion, cilantro and splenda to give the vegetables full deep flavor.  I added quinoa and red lentils to make a full body broth.  I use acorn squash, red peppers, yellow peppers, carrots and kale.  I added pressed baked tofu too.  This is a really healthy low-fat, low carb soup.  Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in the discussion. Please keep your comments polite, kind and considerate. It will make people more comfortable in joining in on the conversation if they know they can count on respectful consideration of their opinions and feelings.